Thursday, April 28, 2005

White Sheep

Hi, everyone! I am so excited to have this opportunity to visit with you all on a regular basis. The Internet is truly an amazing thing.

Well, enough of that. I have tons of things I'd like to say, but before I get started with those, I have a matter of business that's been on my agenda for the last 28 years or so.

You see, when I was in first grade, we had to do an assignment where we were to look at several pictures and color the ones that started with a "sh-" sound. So, for example, we were supposed to color the picture of the shirt and the shell, but not the dog or the refrigerator. We were also supposed to color the picture of the sheep. This I did. Since many good sheep are white and fluffy, I chose my white crayon to do the job.

You guessed it. Mrs. Smith didn't notice that I'd colored my sheep white, and she counted it wrong. (I have to admit that I had a hard time seeing that I'd colored it myself.)

So now, once and for all, I'd like to make this clear: Mrs. Smith, I realize that it may not have been obvious at the time, but I really did know back in the first grade that sheep starts with a "sh-" sound! And if I'd been braver when I was six years old, I would have come up and told you then.

Thank you all for allowing me to set the record straight here. I don't know if there's any great lesson to be learned from all this--maybe, don't be afraid to speak out and defend what you know to be true? Yeah, that sounds good.

The other lesson would be, don't color with white crayon on a white paper and expect your teacher to be able to see it. If you want to make your mark in the world, you gotta use a color that will show up.

0 Comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online