Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Scriptures

I've had the same set of scriptures since I was 11 years old. They saw me through four years of seminary, college, holding small children on my lap during sacrament meeting, family home evening, family scripture study, and now a year of teaching early morning seminary. I think this year really did them in. They went from looking well-loved to, well, pretty junky.

So I finally gave in and ordered myself a beautiful new quad, with my name embossed on the cover. I've been looking forward to having new scriptures, but frankly, I'm almost afraid to touch them. They just arrived at my door about two minutes ago. Rather than dive into them immediately, and start the ominous task of marking them with the years of notes and markings in my old scriptures...well, you can guess what I decided to do instead. My new scriptures are back in their box and I'm hiding out here!

2 Comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

My favorite quad got ruined on a church history tour -- the humidity got to it and wrinkled all the pages really badly. I got a new one, but it never was quite the same. I feel your pain!

Oh, and don't worry about my sanity because I get attached to quads. I also get attached to pillows. :)

Katie Parker said...

Oh, man! Of all the places to get your scriptures ruined--a church history tour!

I decided my old set was done for when the outside cover started peeling off in large chunks.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online