Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kiss Your Brain!


I spent most of today helping students in kindergarten and first grade. While those little darlings were busily trying to learn how to write 2's correctly (and it can be pretty tough if you've never done it before), I learned a new phrase from the teacher. When they'd done a good job, she told them, "Kiss your brain!"

Now I don't know about you, but I don't think my lips will stretch up that far. Still, you can complete the image just fine by kissing your fingers and then touching your forehead.

So, everyone out there who's done a good job today, whether you've learned to write 2's, or written 3000 (or 500) words today, or managed to prevent kindergarteners from rioting on the playground, or designed a supercomputer and negotiated a pay raise with your boss, way to go! And go kiss your brain! It's been working hard and it deserves it!

And so do you.

4 Comments:

HOWARD'S said...

That's cute! I'll have to use that. Did Mike impress his boss? Just wondering from your examples. There aren't too many people that I know that build computers! Anyway, love the post. When are you guys coming to visit?

Katie Parker said...

It's all fictitious. Including the pay raise. :-/

I don't know the answer to your other question. We usually don't decide we're going someplace until we're halfway there (and I'm not exaggerating, either!)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Thanks for this visual, Katie. I think we all need to kiss our brains more often, those hard-working things!

Katie Parker said...

Maybe if I kissed mine more it'd work harder.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online