Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Recession We Aren't In

I found a page at about.com that tries to explain the difference between a recession and a depression. I say "tries" because, as the author points out, there isn't just one definition that everyone uses. But if you're curious, the link is http://economics.about.com/cs/businesscycles/a/depressions.htm

Here's hoping and praying there's some way out of this mess...but I guess, like anything else, we have to expect to face the consequences of our actions--or, in this case, the actions of some. Either way, we can't expect an easy fix just because we want one.

2 Comments:

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Whatever it is we're in, it's definitely not pleasant. Actually, it's as my teenage daughter would describe, "evil!"

Katie Parker said...

I think "evil" sums it up pretty well!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online