Friday, January 23, 2009

Breaking Dawn and Other Library Holds


I had never been even remotely interested in vampire stories before, but I've been working my way through Stephenie Meyers's Twilight series by listening to them on CD's checked out from my local library. And, of course, there's been quite a waiting list of patrons waiting to take their turns with the CD sets--particularly with the most recent book, Breaking Dawn.

So this morning I wisely wondered if I might be able to get Breaking Dawn more quickly if I requested the print version instead. After all, the library system would have more printed copies than it would of the audiobook version.

It was a wise idea indeed. Now I can proudly tell you that, even after all these months after the book's release, I am number 146 in a queue of 147 patrons who are waiting for the print version of Breaking Dawn.

Obviously I must have something going for me, because I am not number 147.

2 Comments:

Tiffany said...

Does your library offer downloadable audios yet? I love this. Audiobooks from home!

Katie Parker said...

Hey, that's a good idea. I've tried the audiobook downloads before, but have never managed to finish listening to them before they disappear/check themselves in. I must have picked some pretty boring books or I would have finished listening to them sooner. Anyway, I might have better luck with Breaking Dawn; I'll have to look into that option. Thanks!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online