Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jennie Hansen, Family Home Evening, and a Big Fat Newsletter


One of my more memorable posts this week for LDSBlogs.com has been my interview with Jennie Hansen. She was truly delightful to visit with, and several people have told me how much they've appreciated reading the interview. She's become a very respected LDS author over the years. Two of the three installments are currently up; one more is on its way.

I have to say that along with that interview, I'm pretty proud of myself for getting the jpegs of Jennie and her books to fit in with the published blog.

Another blog entry I put up recently was called "Family Home Evening Basics." I wrote that one after talking to a friend who is an LDS convert. She admitted that she didn't really know how to hold a family home evening. And it got me thinking...when you attend church enough, you might pick up on how to give a talk in sacrament meeting, or how to give a lesson in Relief Society. But family home evening is something you don't see modeled so often, since it takes place in the home. The good news about that is, since it takes place in your home, you don't have to worry that the family home evening police will arrest you if you don't do it "right." The important thing is to take the time for your family.

In other news, I've been compiling the LDStorymakers New Release Newsletter for this month and it's just about ready to go. I'm thrilled at all the books announced in it; the LDStorymakers members have been busy! So check it out (click here to subscribe) and find yourself some good reading material. You can also visit the blog version at http://ldstorymakersnewreleases.blogspot.com/. (And remember that even though you won't see my name on it anywhere, I put the whole thing together. Unless, that is, you don't like it.)

5 Comments:

Josi said...

You do such a great job with the newsletter, I'll have to check out the interviews :-)

Katie Parker said...

Cool! And check back; there's more to come!

Unknown said...

I love Jennie Hansen's books. She is indeed one of the great LDS writers.

And your Newsletters are so professional. Thanks for all the hard work. You deserve a mighty cheer--so here comes one--HOORAY FOR KATIE! :-)

Katie Parker said...

Thanks, Anne! I don't know if I've ever gotten a mighty cheer like that before.

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Hi Katie-
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm loving the LDSBlogs site, and I've been trying to read all of them.

I'm not sure where you are in Wisconsin, but Owen and Withee are two little towns that are less than a mile apart and sit just off of Hwy 29 halfway between Wausau and Chippewa Falls. Isn't that clear as mud?

My family lived in Wisconsin for 10 years, and I have great memories of it.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts, and I need to go find your book now!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online